Sketching 3d Shapes
In FirstStage there is a Sketchup-style 3d modeller in VR.
You can quickly create placeholder scenery and props to stage your scene, without needing to import pre-built assets.
3d objects created can be saved to your asset library and then replaced with more detailed models externally, that will automatically replace the placeholder assets.
The first stage in creating a 3d object is to sketch a 3d shape
- You can draw shapes with Snap to Grid on, or off
Note – FirstStage defaults to Grid Snap On
- Tap the Grip button to toggle Snap on
- Press the Menu button and select the Sketcher tool
- To draw a shape on the ground,
click the trigger to set vertices
- To swap to Snap to Grid off, tap the Grip button
- Close the polygon to complete the shape
The shape will extrude to 1 metre high
To move the 3d shape
- Tap the ThumbPad to switch off Edit Shape
- Press the Menu button and select the Grabber tool
You may now position the 3d shape on set